Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hanging in there...

Well, this weekend has been devoted to taking care of Tanner and keeping him comfortable. He's really been a trooper so far under the circumstances. I can honestly say now that Nick and I know what it's like to be sleep deprived because "our baby" wouldn't sleep. Between the two of us we have had to trade off during the night checking on Tanner and trying to get him to sleep and stay off his leg. After the first night, I went back to the vet and got pills to sedate him because he was having such a hard time. Once they kick in, we all can sleep! I was the lucky one this morning about 4am when I was on the couch with Tanner that got peed on...don't laugh! Tanner was so out of it he was still sleeping and besides, how can you get mad at the poor guy when he looks so pitiful. Anyway, Tanner would like to share with you how he feels...Mon. morning we go to get the cast off.


"this lamp shade collar stinks, can't even scratch my itch. good thing my dad can help me out."


"get me out of here!"


"finally getting to rest with mom on the couch."


"can't wait to get this thing off my leg!"

1 comments:

Sandra Bird said...

Well, I have to say you two are getting good practice for the future! Sounds like he is getting better though and the pictures are so cute! Sandra